Go back to work? And stay at home? And get as much exercise as you want AND stay 2 metres apart. OK.
Back to Work
I know you might be a little confused.
Go back to work.
Exercise as much as you want.
Do not go out.
Stay at home.
No, there’s no vaccine.
Yes, we have a solution.
We will review it in June.
Schools are opening, but not for everyone.
Staying at home
1) Keep your routines as simple as possible.
2) Get an early night, so that you can be up before the children. This will help ease them back into a routine for school, should schools reopen in a few weeks.
3) Get the children reading out loud every day, it will keep them busy and give them lots to talk about once they are back to school.
4) Work when your children are busy, so that you can be with them when they are not.
5) Tag team with another person so that you have some head space to concentrate on work or assignments.
6) If you are breastfeeding/weaning, use audio books (https://anchor.fm/lulu-lincoln/episodes/Monkey-Puzzle--With-Flutterby-edjj88/a-a23oqb8 to keep your other children busy whilst you focus on the youngest and then attend to teenagers/ adult dependents when the youngest are asleep.
Going back to work
1) Set up a small circle of carers that you are happy to watch your children for your entire working day. Or arrange for two or more people to do a swift handover if you work an overnight shift.
2) Batch cook at the weekends, here a few examples:
-Spaghetti Bolognese (mushrooms as an alternative to mince if you have non-meat eaters at home)
-Grilled chicken/aubergines with rice
-Stir fry (rice noodles) add chicken for meat-eaters
-Meat-free jollof rice add mixed veg for your pop of colour
3) If you are able to prepare a few meals in advance, it will save you a little bit of time when you return home from work.
4) If you have a partner/spouse OR teenagers at home that can chip in.
5) Create a menu and ask everybody to choose their favourite meal from the menu and prepare it.
6) Be kind to yourself and realistic about how many hours you can work and phase your way back, if possible. This will allow your family time to adjust to a new routine.
1) 7-8 hours of sleep
2) Read, write or draw to clear your head (https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/lulu-lincoln/not-just-a-mother/hardcover/product-1rvk4kyj.html)
3) Listen to music/podcasts (https://anchor.fm/lulu-lincoln
4) Bubble bath (with or without spouse- either way is fine)
6) Repeat 1-6 each day
Need more support?
Love Lulu xx
+(44) 7479 535 689
Teaching Mums Ltd is an Executive Coaching Company | Specialising in Education and Parenting. Lulu Lincoln founded and is now the director of Teaching Mums Ltd, which provides tailored coaching and resources to mums and their entire families, podcasts and working in partnership with Destiny 7 | Releasing Young People to their Full Potential.
Teaching Mums Ltd was created by a mum for mums | Coaching, training, teaching and empowering mums to take their next best step.
Family | Work | Life | Home | Business | Marriage | Children | Relationships | Health | Mental and Emotional Wellness | Spiritual Health
What is your next best step?
Visit teachingmums.com today to get in touch with Lulu Lincoln about what your family needs and how best she can support you.
Each Mum | Reach Mum | Teach Mum
Lulu Lincoln is based in London | Christian, wife, mum,
-Business owner (Teaching Mums Ltd),
-Podcast host- Each Mum Reach Teach Mum,
She has over 15 years of experience:
Education | Early Years |Primary |Secondary
Ministry| Theology | Praise and Worship
Parenting | Work life balance | Working from Home | Life as a Student Parent | Home Schooling |Pregnancy Counselling | Building a thriving Home | Creating a Life based on Strengths |
She attended Streatham and Clapham High School and then went on to read German, Systematic Theology at King’s College University London, before qualifying as a teacher, crisis counsellor, coach and obtaining a Diploma in Law.
Teaching Mums Ltd is the umbrella company that also provides three other services:
Revitalise| Encouragement | Prayer |Scripture for modern Christian women
Send prayer requests here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Flutterby | Online gift shop | Gifts |Books |Furniture | teachingmums.com
Lincos Kitchens| Renovate and Revamp your entire home | Quality Guaranteed
Book you free quote here | lincoskitchens.com | +44 (0) 7478 888 164
Connect here : teachingmums.com | Instagram | Twitter |Linked In @officialteachingmums |
Buy Lulu Lincoln's latest books here:
Children’s Books| I’m Actually Not a Giraffe
Poetry Book and Journal | Not Just a Mother
Resources for homeschooling, classroom and children here: https://book-parties.scholastic.co.uk/shop/Teaching-Mums